SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Tech is at the core of what we’re doing at Talent Village. From building amazing brand tools to help them find the ideal Talent, to helping our content creators have a great experience across apps both native and for the web.
You’d be joining a small team with the ability to shape our products and tech culture. We deploy fast and tend to avoid slow release cycles.
Our current iOS and Android apps are built on React Native. With the rest of our front-end products written in React. As a senior hire we’d be looking to you to make the project your own, provide best practise knowledge and help mentor the team where needed.
* Experience developing with React Native for iOS and Android.
* You keep up with new releases and bugs, and can work around the various intricacies of the Android and iOS platforms.
* Understand the value of testing, and can demonstrate experience of writing test specs, from unit through to acceptance.
* Experience with Node.JS and comfortable writing new endpoints
* MySQL experience and comfortable with relational databases
* You have a good eye for design, care about user experience, and are keen to make your mark.
* A degree is a positive, but by no means a requirement. We’re equally happy to see examples of great work you’ve done, or a link to a git repo you’re super proud of.
* Easy going and self motivated, able to deal with life in a small, fast-moving startup; you always strive for the best, but equally know when to accept that the best way is not necessarily the right way.
Nice to haves
* Experience with CircleCI
* Knowledge of AWS
* Experience working in a Kanban environment
* Some knowledge of Instagram content formats (posts, stories etc)
What we can offer you
* Competitive salary, with pension plan.
* Whatever equipment you need to do your job – just let us know.
* Join a small engineering team at an early stage, with the ability to help define our tech stack and shape our culture as we grow.
* Autonomy – lots of it. Have a great idea or a better way of doing stuff? We’re all ears!
* Flexibility – our team is fully remote due to the current circumstances but we aim to continue this way and provide an environment where we understand every individual is different.
How to apply: please email us your CV + Cover Letter on firstname.lastname@example.org